Vinegar is a non toxic product. It is produced by the fermentation of natural grain, grapes or apples – it has been used for many centuries.
White Vinegar is produced by the fermentation of sun dried grain and is best suited for household use, is economical, effective and environmentally friendly.
Apple & Grape (Aceto) vinegars are more suited for human consumption and for use in cooking, they are made from the fermentation of apples and grapes.
Apple cider vinegar has a wide range of health benefits.
Uses of Vinegar:
Since vinegar is acidic, it kills mold, germs and bacteria. It is odorless and makes the best alternative to other more expensive, harsh cleaning products.
Simply put vinegar into an empty spray bottle & spray away!
- To effectively clean fruits and vegetables from pesticides, dirt & wax: Fill the sink with water and add a cup of vinegar – soak for around 10 minutes & drain
- Air deodorizer as it kills bacteria & thus eliminates the source of odor
- Excellent for all round cleaning (tops, floors etc – some vinegar could be added to a bucket of water while cleaning the floors or carpets)
- For harder stains and tough dirt, some salt or bicarbonate of soda mixed with vinegar makes an unbeatable scouring solution
- To clear drains pour half a cup of bicarbonate, then add some 500ml of white vinegar and seal the plug. (This creates a chemical reaction, liberating carbon dioxide which clears blockages)
- Shine metal ware by immersing in vinegar overnight
- Undiluted vinegar makes an effective disinfectant
- Discourage ants/snails by spraying crevices, anthills or entrances
- Kill weeds using this environmentally safe product (pour undiluted)
- Laundry: To remove lint, add brightness to your colors, for softer cleaner fabric, add vinegar instead of fabric softener (vinegar also cleans the pipes of your washing machine by eliminating the soap scum!)
Its a win-win situation isn’t it?Fountain of Life
Back to Blog